The aim of the Australian Local Government Women’s Association is to:-
- Assist in furthering women’s knowledge and understanding of the functions of Local Government
- Encourage women to participate in Local Government
- Encourage women to make a career from Local Government
- Protect the interests and rights of women in Local Government
- Take action in relation to any subject or activity affecting Local Government and Local Government legislation
- Act in an advisory capacity to intending women candidates for Local Government elections
Membership of ALGWA is open to anyone interested in supporting women’s particiation in Local Government. Membership includes elected Councillors, Employees in Local Government, former Mayors and Councillors, individual Councils and Shires and intending candidates for Local Government elections.
Applications for Membership can be made through individual State Branches.